City of Billings
Elevation: 3,126 feet
Average Summer Temp: 85° F
Area: 41.s sq. miles
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
There is plenty to keep you busy in Montana's largest city. Billings is home to performing arts theaters such as NOVA and the Alberta Bair, several Carmike movie theaters, great shopping at Rimrock Mall, and restaurants to compliment any appetite.
For the outdoor-oriented, there are several folf and golf courses, biking and running trails along the Rimrock cliffs that surround the city, and river access that is great for fishing, floating, kayaking, and rafting.
When you are in the mood for a road trip, there are plenty of nearby towns and attractions that are well worth the drive:
- Red Lodge is a 50-minute drive from Billings and is known for its great skiing and downtown shopping;
- World-famous Yellowstone National Park is a 2 hour and 35 minute drive;
- The Beartooth and Pryor Mountains are both within an hour's drive and are perfect for hiking, fishing, and camping;
- Big Sky Ski Resort and Moonlight Basin are both 3 hours from Billings; and
- Bridger Bowl Ski Resort is 2 hours from Billings.
Plan a visit and experience Billings for yourself.
Quick links to additional information: